Sunday 18 December 2016

Life lessons

In the process of doing up an excel spreadsheet to reflect on 2016.

Halfway through, I laughed.

Someone up there is very fair,是真的,生活給你一點不給你一點。

Those feelings I desired from work was provided during the DJ training. Those evenings were draining, and yet I looked forward to them. Kinda like Wednesdays with 虎師.

She didn't have to but she was very gracious and credited my ideas on air.
She further value added and weaved in her thoughts.
She was humble and very mindful on how her actions could impact me.
Her dedication to her craft and continuously to be better.
Lastly, what touched me was the authenticity and the honesty to have difficult conversations.

Comparison results in expectations and expectations results in disappointments. Yoga taught me to nurture inside instead of pointing outwards.

Penning my recent thoughts down to map out my 2017 desired feelings-

How do I stand firm and yet be able to take in the views of others to generate the best possible outcome?
How do I work towards being a leader who ensure my team is guided, supported and credited?
How do I be kinder to myself and the people I love and love me?

Through this series of meetings, some observations and reflections
Reminder to always stay humble.
What you have done in the past may not be relevant now or in the future. Each market is unique, seek to understand first then apply past experience.
不要自我感覺良好而忽視別人。
Be present.

No comments: